Who May Use Our Library
Anyone is welcome to come and use any of our library items and resources, including our online databases. However, borrowing privileges are reserved for the following groups:
- Biblical students
- Biblical faculty
- Biblical staff and board members
- SEPTLA and TCLC affiliates
- Biblical alumni and unenrolled students in good standing
- Local pastors, chaplains, missionaries, and other leaders in Christian ministry
Please note: licensing restricts remote access to our online databases to only faculty, enrolled students, and staff.
Biblical students: may borrow up to 12 items at a time.
Biblical Adjunct Faculty: may borrow up to 15 items at a time, and any periodical for 3 hours with unlimited renewals (for on campus use only).
Biblical Faculty: may borrow up to 25 items at a time, and any periodical for 3 hours with unlimited renewals (for on campus use only); no fines, except for lost books.
Biblical Staff and Board Members: may borrow up to 12 items at time; no fines except for reserved or recalled items and lost books.
All other patrons: may borrow up to 6 items at a time. Local pastors, chaplains, missionaries, and other leaders in Christian ministry need to provide an official document from their organization designating their position; faculty, staff, and students actively employed or enrolled at an affiliate SEPTLA or TCLC institution need to provide a current ID card and letter of introduction from their institution.
Circulation Periods and Overdue Fines
Audio cassettes, books, booklets, pamphlets: may be borrowed for 3 weeks and renewed once for a total of 6 weeks (faculty may renew up to 4 times). The overdue fine is $0.25 per day.
Audio/visual media: may be borrowed for 1 week and renewed once for a total of 2 weeks (faculty may renew up to 4 times). The overdue fine is $0.50 per day.
1 week course reserve: may be borrowed by current Biblical faculty, staff, and students only, for 1 week and renewed once. The overdue fine is $2.00 per day.
2 hour course reserve: may be borrowed for 2 hours and renewed once for a total of 4 hours (faculty may borrow and renew for 3 hours at a time). The overdue fine is $0.10 per minute.
Microform: may be borrowed for 3 hours and renewed an unlimited number of times, barring any holds; for in-library use only. The overdue fine is $0.02 per hour.
Unbound periodicals and those older than 30 years: may be borrowed for 3 hours and renewed an unlimited number of times, barring any holds; for in-library use only. The overdue fine is $0.05 per hour.
Reference books: may be borrowed only by faculty for 1 week, no renewals. The overdue fine is $0.50 per day.
Rare books: may be borrowed for 3 hours and renewed an unlimited number of times, barring any holds; for in-library use only. The overdue fine is $0.50 per hour.
If you have an active e-mail address on file, the library's database and server will automatically send you the following e-mail notices:
- A courtesy notice, sent 3 days prior to the due date as a reminder of the items that are due.
- An overdue notice, sent the day after an item is overdue and periodically after that until the system designates the item as lost and missing.
- A fine notice, sent when items are returned and the fine is not paid, or when a book is designated lost and missing.
Please note that these notices are provided as a courtesy. Non-receipt of a courtesy, overdue, and fine notice does not exempt you from payment of overdue fines. And we are not responsible if an internet service provider or e-mail client rejects these notices or you don't receive them before the due date.
Lost and Damaged Items
For lost and damaged materials, you have two options:
1) You may buy a replacement copy of the item for the library, which must be exactly the same version of the item as the one you lost/damaged: date of publication, publisher, edition, and ISBN must be identical, and the copy must be in good condition. You'll need to order, purchase, and deliver the item and pay all overdue fines in full.
2) If you can't replace the lost/damaged item with an exact duplicate, you'll be charged the cost of replacing the item, plus a processing fee of $35. Any overdue fines that have accrued on the item will be forgiven once the item is replaced and payment has been made. All borrowing privileges will be suspended until these fees are paid in full, or until acceptable arrangements are made for their payment.